(not admitted to practice in Turks & Caicos Islands)
Dario and Tim Prudhoe (the founder of the firm) started their dealings in high-stakes cross-border litigation far from the shores of the Turks & Caicos Islands. They now continue to solve complex client situations across the Region and elsewhere in the world from a TCI base. Over a thirty-year career as first a banker and then a lawyer in the US and Italy, Dario’s focus is now business advisory via the company affiliated with the firm: CIO Limited (“CIO”).
Neither CIO nor Dario himself practices TCI law, but instead Dario and Tim continue to develop CIO from the TCI hub of strategic operations.
Leveraging strong US and European contacts built up in litigation situations, Dario work focus is assisting Continental European lawyers facing Caribbean client situations as well as targeted, bespoke, litigation funding needs across various Caribbean and Central American jurisdictions.
Innovative and commercial thinking drawn from a wealth of relevant experience is the essence of work delivered by CIO.
As his prior dealings with Tim Prudhoe themselves demonstrate, Dario has in-depth experience in litigation into as well as sourced from the Caribbean Region on behalf of Continental European clients. He was an early participant in the legal finance industry contributing to its development in Continental Europe.
- Bocconi University, Milan (International Tax)
- Columbia Law School, New York (LLM)
- Università Cattolica, Milan (Dr. Jur.)
- Deutsche Schule Mailand, Milan (Abitur)
- Founder, Loiacono e Associati Studio Legale (Milan – London)
- Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton (New York)
- JP Morgan & Company (Milan – New York)
- New York
- London (former Registered European Lawyer)