Direct line +1649 941 4245
Cell / Mobile +1 649 231 8108
Yuri Saunders is a citizen of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Prior to joining the firm, he had practiced mainly in Trinidad and Tobago.
His background has been a focus on corporate and commercial litigation. He also has experience across other areas of dispute work, including defamation.
His advocacy experience has been at High Court and the Court of Appeal level and has been involved Privy Council work.
He postgraduate vocational training Legal Education Certificate was obtained from the University of the West Indies at the Hugh Wooding Law School, St. Augustine, Trinidad.
- Trinidad and Tobago Court of Appeal on the interpretation of the provisions of the Civil Proceedings Rules, 1999 in respect of amendments to the pleaded case.
- Court of Appeal of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court on the Court’s power summarily to determine an issue in dispute between a judgment debtor and a third party in the course of charging proceedings (Junior counsel).
- Privy Council (on appeal from Trinidad and Tobago) in relation to a defamation claim involving several Trinidad and Tobago politicians.
- Successfully defending claims of breach of fiduciary duties. Amount in controversy, over 1.5 Billion TT and 100 Million US dollars (Junior counsel).
- Barrister, Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (the British Virgin Islands)
- Barrister and solicitor, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Attorney-at-Law, Trinidad and Tobago
- Bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of St. Mary’s, Nova Scotia Canada
- Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados.
- Legal Education Certificate from the Hugh Wooding Law School, St. Augustine, Trinidad.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Co-author (with Tim Prudhoe), “Be Careful What You Wish For: Headaches and Bear-traps for Liquidators and their lawyers when an Insolvency Liquidations is discharged for Usually Unexpected Solvency Reasons” (Gore-Browne on Companies Special Release, March 2020).
Professional & Community Involvement
- INSOL International Member
- Member of the Bar Association of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Member of the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago